Please DO NOT ring the surgery enquiring about the vaccine, these calls are blocking our telephone lines for those people who need to speak to us urgently.
We are currently inviting patients who are eligible in Cohort 6 - aged 16 to 64 with an underlying health condition.
Please be aware there are thousands of patients in this group and we will be in touch with you as soon as our vaccine supply allows.
If you have received a letter from the Government regarding booking into one of the Vaccine Hubs, in Sheffield for example, it is your choice whether to book in with the hub or wait and be booked in with us, if you would prefer to book in with us you DO NOT need to let us know our searches will pick you up and you will be called in due course.
Help control the virus
To protect yourself and others, when you leave home you must:
- wash hands - keep washing your hands regularly
- cover face - wear a face covering over your nose and mouth in enclosed spaces
- make space - stay at least a metre away from people not in your household
If you develop any of these:-
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- loss of/change in smell or taste
book a coronavirus test immediately by visiting https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test or, if you do not have access to the internet, ringing 119. Do not leave home for at least 10 days after your test.
Find more information on Coronavirus at
gov.uk/coronavirus and https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
If you are a parent or carer of a school aged child and have questions about coronavirus in a school setting the Doncaster Council website has a helpful page of frequently asked questions available with answers to a range of common questions, such as isolation or getting a test. Please click on this link to access the page Doncaster Council FAQs
COVID-19 recovery website.
NHS England and NHS Improvement have launched a new website to support individuals recovering from Coronavirus; it includes hints, tips, information and advice about lasting effects and where support is available.